Background Image for Header:
Dr. Emi Tsuda joined CPASS as an assistant professor in 2018. She completed her bachelor's
and master's degrees at the University of Tsukuba, Japan and completed a second
master's and doctoral degree in physical education teacher education at The Ohio
State University. She has diverse experiences of teaching and coaching in different
populations, e.g., preschoolers to seniors and in different settings, from physical
education in schools to competitive athletic teams.
- Ph.D., Kinesiology/Physical Education Teacher Education and Motor Development, The Ohio State University
- M.S., Kinesiology/Physical Education Teacher Education and Motor Development, The Ohio State University
- M.S., Health and Sport Sciences/Sport Coaching, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- B.S., Health and Physical Education/Sports Management, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Research emphasis on teachers' content knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge, policy and accountability in physical education, and cultural competence.
- Teaches classes in introductory of pedagogy and elementary and early childhood physical education methods.
- Has published a book, multiple book chapters, and peer-reviewed research articles in the field.
- Physical education pedagogy
- Content knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge
- Policy and Accountability
- Cultural competence
- Physical activity promotion